Acopia Home Loans Online Privacy Notice
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If such information is inadvertently or unknowingly collected, it is our policy to destroy or delete it upon discovery.
We do not use “cookies.” A cookie is a small data file that a web server sends to your web browser (your computer’s hard drive) so it can be later read by the web server.
If you send us an e-mail message through a contact link found on this site, we may use your e-mail address to reply to you and to otherwise disclose it as permitted by law. We discourage customers and other visitors from using e-mail to communicate confidential, sensitive or non-public personal information because its transmission is not secure. Transmission of information through our online pre-qualification form is protected from interception (Click About Security to learn more).
Our site uses an online pre-qualification form for visitors to request information, products, and services. We collect visitor’s contact information (like their email address), unique identifiers (like their social security number), and financial information (like employment and income information). Contact information from the pre-qualification form is used to send information to a credit reporting agency (with the visitor’s authorization). If a credit report is completed, information provided by the visitor is supplemented by the information received from the credit reporting agency. The visitor’s contact information is used to get in touch with the visitor when gathering additional information, when clarifying information, and when providing a response to the visitor’s request. Financial information that is collected is used to check the visitor’s qualifications. Unique identifiers (such as social security numbers) are collected from Web site visitors to verify the visitor’s identity and to complete the preliminary screening process.
When a visitor submits an online pre-qualification form, the visitor’s IP address and Internet host name are recorded with the visitor’s information. This extra data is used to help confirm the identity of the user
Once a visitor’s online pre-qualification has been reviewed, the visitor may choose to apply for approval. When you apply we may ask for additional information via e-mail, telephone, facsimile or with a face-to-face interview to complete the residential loan application.
- Information that you provide to us on pre-qualifications, applications or other forms, such as your name, social security number, assets, liabilities and income.
- Information that you otherwise provide to us online, by e-mail, telephone, facsimile, in writing, in-person or by other means.
- Certain specific information that is captured and recorded by us online in connection with the submission of an online pre-qualification form and that is used by us to help confirm the identity of the user, such as the user’s IP address and Internet host name.
- If you enter into a transaction with us, information about your transactions with us, such as your loan balance, payment history, and parties to transactions.
- If we obtain a credit report in connection with a proposed transaction, information we receive from the credit reporting agency, such as your creditworthiness and credit history.
- with the consumer’s consent;
- as necessary to effect, administer, or enforce a transaction that you request;
- to consumer reporting agencies;
- the securitization or secondary market sale of your financial product (including servicing rights);
- responding to a subpoena or court order, judicial process or government regulatory authority;
- in connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, transfer or exchange of all or a portion of a business or operating unit;
- to our service providers.
We require our service providers to enter into an agreement with us that prohibits them from using or disclosing nonpublic personal information other than to carry out the purposes for which we disclosed the information or as otherwise permitted by law.